Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Tree

The other day, my Wife and I were trimming the Christmas tree, and we realized this was the first year in many years, we were doing it by ourselves. Our kids are out of the house now, living their own lives. Mary took it pretty hard, as well as me, trimming this tree. I then realized that each one of these ornaments has its own little story and memory behind it. The great thing is that these memories and stories are beautiful. So, when trimming the Christmas tree this year, don't take it for granted. Don't take Christmas for granted. We all do because of the hustle and bustle of getting the right gifts. Sit back, take a breath, and realize how lucky we are to have these memories and wonderful stories. Things like this are so precious, we must always keep them in our hearts, and in our minds.Christmas is about family and getting together, keeping your faith..what ever it is,...nothing more. Merry Christmas, Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this, my only daughter moved away to uni this year and while she is home for Christmas I so understand what you are saying. Each year we would buy a new ornament to add to the tree and now we can look back on all those memories. When she was really little I would give her a new xmas picture book for the night we would put up the tree.

    ReplyDelete